View Single Post
Old
10-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Islanderfan17

vCash: 500
A) Comeau and Bailey are very inconsistent, Blake is only valuable for his shot and Josh just always looks lost out there. I'm all for putting the two in a package to get a good D-man.

B) Toughness. We need to put Haley or Gillies back in the line up, or both! Our only tough guys are Martin and Hamonic and they are more valuable on the ice than in the box. Our image the second half of last season was "Don't **** with us" whereas now it is the same as it was years before.

C) Mike Mottau. God damn does this guy suck, and I knew he did too. He did not impress me one bit last season, but now that Bruno the terrible is gone, his terrible play is even more noticeable. We need a top 4 D-man or Jurcina back in the line up.

D) PAP should NOT be on a 1st line in the NHL. I don't completely hate him as a player, he's decent and he usually hustles. But there is no way he should touch a 1st line in the NHL, he drags down JT and Moulson and it'd be an extremely dangerous line if we could get a good RW to replace him.

E) Consistency. This problem has plagued the Islanders for years, we play a portion of the game and then have a freakin' mental breakdown the rest of it. It was only a few years ago that we were known for blowing 3rd period leads. The kids need to learn how to play a full 60 minute game at some point, now would be a good year to do that.

There are some positives I've seen:

A) John Tavares is due for a breakout year, he looks stronger, faster, and driven like I've never seen before. He's always dangerous when he's on the ice, he's just as good a scorer as he is a playmaker.

B) Al Montoya is playing great, what I like most about him is that he seems very calm and composed in net. He works well under pressure and doesn't wander as much as DP does. I'm hoping he has a great season starting the majority of our games, then we can ink him for a 2 year deal until Poulin is ready to take the work load.

C) Mark Streit, Andy MacDonald, and Travis Hamonic fill a solid 3 out of 4 top 4 D-men spots. Mark is looking great and we sure missed his creativity and shot on the PP, as well as hopping in on the play at good times. A-Mac and Hamonic are just one hell of a defensive duo, they play smart, tough, and can chip in offensively as well.

D) The Penalty kill has been fantastic, I think this will definitely be one of our strengths this season.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote