View Single Post
Old
10-10-2011, 07:55 PM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
AK would (will--since I doubt he returns to Montreal after this season of being in Martin's doghouse after game ONE) fit in very well with a team that likes toughness. He loves to hit and would (unfortunately for us) succeed in Boston.
I think there is a small chance AK may stay in Montreal again next year, but it depends on if management want him. I think he'd be willing to play here if offered a contract that was near his terms. He said he would have liked to sign a longer contract with the team this off-season. He seems to like Montreal and the guys on the team. A number of people in the media get on his case any chance they get, they've tried running him out of town once. He may be perceived as a whipping boy of JM but during his career, whenever his role has been reduced, he puts the effort in to get it back and he improves his game a little bit each year. And despite all of this, he hasn't taken the route some others have and demanded a trade to another team. I think that if management have some interest in AK beyond this year, he may well be interested in staying. I could be way off, but it looks that way to me at least.

If he does leave, I'd love to see him on a team like the Pens, Wings or Hawks (among others) somewhere I wouldn't feel guilty for cheering him on when they aren't playing the Habs. If he ends up in Boston, Toronto or Philly, well, is there a puke smiley?

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote