View Single Post
Old
10-27-2003, 10:28 AM
barnaby63

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak
Exactly. It's not like Zidlicky's demands were so unreasonable. He signed a one-way deal with Nashville for $500k. That's half as much as Blackburn and Lundmark made after proving a hell of a lot less in Juniors. It's half as much as Hlavac, who had done nothing but suck since leaving NY. It's a third of what Simon and Rucinsky got, and they've done nothing but suck their entire careers. $500k for the best d-man in Finland is not a bad gamble to take, especially for an organization that throws money around as much as this one does.

Barnaby, you never answered my question: where do you think Dunham will take us before any of those options I mentioned occur?
sure 500k isnt alot of money but he still wouldnt have signed with us. so it was best to trade him.

as for you question kodiak, i think dunham will take us to the playoffs this year and maybe even the 2nd round. i cant go on past this year since no one knows what will happen but i think we will do just fine this year. now could a team with a injury prone kloucek and a guy that may/may not have signed with us with blackburn is net have had the same effect? doubt it. thats why the dunham trade isnt so bad as you guys want to make it out to be.