View Single Post
Old
10-27-2003, 10:30 AM
jackets63

vCash: 500
Just what I was thinking when I read that about Gaborik. Only we are gonna have to deal with this this year with Rusty. Sure he hasnt lit the league on fire like Gaborik has, but if he hits any bonuses we could be in the same situation.

I say in our situations with Rusty, Nash and Zherdev (arent we glad now for Pascal's slow start :p ) we should do what Minnesota should be doing with Gaborik. Gaborkik is making $4 mill + due to hitting bonuses, not from base pay. Base pay is like $1.5 mill give or take, right? So give him about $2 - 2.5 mill base and the opportunity to make the same amount overall in bonuses.

Of course, I just like the idea of bonus laiden contracts where players get rewarded to exceptional play and get paid what they deserve if they have an average season.

I mean, hes not really looking for a raise overall. He is asking for the same amount he made last year. That sounds fair to me. The last time around, they thought a player who hit those numbers deserved that kind of money, so why not now when you have a bit more of a proven commodity?