View Single Post
Old
10-11-2011, 06:59 AM
Revelation
Reanimated

vCash: 500
Why some people are banging on MDZ so hard is beyond me...

He made one atrocious mistake... one. Otherwise, he has looked pretty steady. He is developing in his decision-making. He's not making those annoying low-percentage stretch passes or losing the puck in the slot like he was almost every game last season. I don't think enough people realize how much better he is. They simply get their opinions colored by one horrible error.

I would prefer that MDZ work on polishing his game some more with the Whale, but he hasn't been as bad as some seem to think, especially given the minutes he's getting.

MDZ would never garner in a trade what he is truly worth, so there's no point in even proposing anything. We would want to get value based on what his potential is, while the team trading for him would assess value based on what he is now, which is far from a finished product.

Not a single player in our system brings to the table what MDZ does. For that reason alone, we can't afford to move him. Anyone bringing up Parlett is out of their minds. Parlett is developing great for a UDFA, but the chances of him becoming anything more than a bottom-pairing puck-mover are small. MDZ has top-pairing potential. His offensive instincts are already better than any defenseman on our roster, and his defense is getting better, whether or not people are willing to admit it.