View Single Post
Old
10-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Do you mean the HECC/CSA sticker? (Or, since you're in the UK, a different sticker?)

HECC is for the USA only and CSA for Canada. The helmet hasn't 'expired', although some leagues (HECC for USA Hockey for example) require that the helmet not be past the certification date. That date is simply the length of time the safety certification holds up till. Once that date is reached, manufacturers simply do a 3rd party retest to check for safety.

If you're playing rec/drop ins, you don't need to worry about that; although a few years worth of sweat and moisture could generally wear down the foams thus it's advisable (not neccesary) to a replace a helmet every 3 yrs or so.
Yeah, I think it was a HECC sticker. I took it off a while ago, it expired March last year... But as I'm only doing Officiating in the UK I guess it's not essential that I replace it though...

I guess I don't need a replacement then, but I do like the look of the 7K. But, saying that if it's only a 6K in disguise I might give it a pass for the moment.

Thanks a lot for clearing that all up with me though, much appreciated!

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote