View Single Post
Old
10-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Patccmoi

vCash: 500
The whole 'having tough guy prevents dirty hits' just doesn't work. Look at Boston, they have tons of goonish players and they keep getting hit by concussions. People who do these kind of hits do not think about 'who on the other team could hit me', they just see the occasion, DON'T THINK, and hit. If a tough guy comes their way they just turtle or quickly fall on the ice and don't take any real damage, they just don't care.

We have been seriously unlucky with injuries. Stuff like Cammy's leg getting cut, Markov that got cut by Price's skate... it's freak injuries to key players that no size of player or tough guy or WHATEVER would prevent.

The only thing that I could give credibility to is saying that it is to some extent Martin's system, because when you play a very defensive game you tend to get hit more, have to block more shots, and as a whole just put yourself in more situations potentially causing injuries, so in the long run it can have an impact I think. But most injuries did not really happen in these situations either though.

But I really think that in the last years bad luck has been the biggest cause and there is not much you can do about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
I wish I had photoshop on my computer here, I could have removed that bag of PFK, but a celery instead and wrote 'sadly, we got that guy...'.

Patccmoi is offline   Reply With Quote