View Single Post
Old
10-11-2011, 01:53 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Come on, get real. The Habs and Cole know exactly what's going on.Maybe's he's hurt, maybe he's being asked to protect the young guys on the third line. Who knows? The guy is a pro, and so is JM. Yeah, JM treats one of the most important UFA signings of the last 2 years like crap, and pisses PG off. They get in a big flap about it...think not. Jeez.

Further: Think: Cole does not have to worry about huge stats anymore. This is likely his last contract and he knows it. He's here to help the team win in any way he can, and I'm damn glad he committed here for 4 years. We have very few guys like Cole, he's very important to this team, and obviously wants to help the Habs win, or he would not have signed this deal. He'll be an inspiration, mentor and tough minutes guy. Understand this guy's context: He's here for the long haul, and He, JM and PG know it. I have no worries at all about Cole.
I guess we'll find out soon enough. I don't think it's about anyone pissing anyone else off but simply a difference of opinion between coach and gm. But like I said, we'll see what Cole thinks of his "role". Last time he was in a role he didn't appreciate it was in Edm (i.e. Lw instead of RW ) and he didn't last the whole year.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote