Erik Cole So Far
View Single Post
10-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Join Date: Aug 2005
Originally Posted by
I guess we'll find out soon enough. I don't think it's about anyone pissing anyone else off but simply a difference of opinion between coach and gm. But like I said, we'll see what Cole thinks of his "role". Last time he was in a role he didn't appreciate it was in Edm (i.e. Lw instead of RW ) and he didn't last the whole year.
- Cole has played over 60% of his even strength ice-time with Pleks as his centre and over 4% of his ES ice time with Gomez as his centre.
- He was on the third line for less than two periods in what was an obvious attempt to get AKost rolling early and spread out the scoring.
- Cole's also been on the ice for 18.5% of the Habs' PP time, which isn't bad considering his low PP production in the past.
- He's ahead of AKost and only behind Gionta in RWer total TOI
- He has played only offensive minutes, clocking in with no SH TOI so far.
Martin has played him in a top 6 winger role, which is exactly what PG was looking for in acquiring him. He's not off to a rocking start by any means, but there's really no reason to look for controversy two games into his tenure.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by LyleOdelein