Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta
Kostitsyn-Gomez-Cole
Desharnais-Eller-Moen
Darche-Engqvist-Palushaj

Gill-Gorges
Emelin-Subban
Diaz-Weber
Welcome to the forums

Personally I'd love to see Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta or Pacioretty-Plekanec-Cole because I know how dominant those players can be. They're all hard working players who have speed, skill, and Gionta at least plays big.

The problem I see with Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gionta is actually Kostitsyn-Gomez-Cole

I think Gomez is going to have a come back year but he will rely heavily on Gionta and player X (probably Cole) to put up points. He's a pure playmaker. That having been said I think a Cole-Gomez-Gionta line would be phenomenal. Gomez would use his speed and passing abilities to feed Cole goals all the time. I think he needs Gionta though because they already have great chemistry together, it was always the 3rd man that was the problem. With a dangerous threat on each side of him Gomez will have all the tools to succeed.

Putting Kostitsyn with Gomez to me is almost a death sentence. They're probably the two least consistent top 6 forwards we have. We need to learn from our mistakes and insulate those guys with consistent players if possible. This way when they slump those other 2 players carry them and keep them going. Plekanec and Gio to me are guys who can carry their line given the proper circumstances. (i.e. not 4th line plugs on their line) but I think Gomez and Kostitsyn need to be split up they're a bad fit.

If we go Cole-Gomez-Gionta then we can do Cammy-Plek-Kostitsyn (original trio that worked well) or even Cammy-Plek-Desharnais/Palushaj, for once we can give a young player a real chance to develop with quality wingers. A guy like Desharnais may be ready for the challenge. Plus we could always have a Moen-Eller-Darche type line. I mean really Pacioretty is just the icing on the cake. Guy is going to be a monster no matter who you put him with this year imo.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote