View Single Post
Old
10-27-2003, 11:11 AM
windowlicker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind Enemy Lines
This is simply more player agent rhetoric to force a trade. Winter's mandate is solely to get Comrie the most money possible. This is simply a public plea to attempt resolution to suit Winter's and Comrie's agenda -to play hockey asap and make the most money possible. Comparing their philosphical differences to historical figures is insulting and trivializing. In no way would I ever equate the personal circumstances of a millionaire athlete with political philosophies which divided our world and at times could have led to our armaggedom. Karl Marx was indeed a prototypical left-winger and Reagan a right-winger but their arena was much bigger and truly significant. Pathetic effort by Winters.

Oiler management will do what is right for the organization and determine when and how to resolve this impasse. It is their right and leverage based upon the Collective Bargaining agreement. Their duty is to consider the long term implication of this impasse.

When I saw Winter using those 2 examples, I thought it was laughable and showed no class. This is an athletic monetary disagreement. This isnt a class struggle of the worker against the corrupt system of wealth. In this case the workers are the wealth.
It seems he is a player's dream agent. He will do anything to get his client the best deal, and cater to a young clients every whim at the risk of damaging his reputation in this city and across the league, because in the end its all about the $$.

In one of those articles theres a pic of Rich in front of some Oiler painting. Thats a disgrace. In the future I can see Lowe treating him thesame way Goodenow was treated by Sather when he arrived in town.