Painting Stick Question
View Single Post
10-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
LISTEN TO ME BEFORE YOU DO THIS. I HAVE PAINTED EVERY SINGLE STICK I'VE EVER BOUGHT.
1) Use painter's tape to partition where you want to paint. (I always paint JUST the bottom of my stick-- near the blade, about 1/3 - 1/2 of the stick)
2) Use a fine grade sandpaper and really sand the area you want to paint well
3) Take a wet washcloth and vigorously clean the area you just sanded. Let it air dry.
spray paint when you spray it. Use a good color.. I recommend black because it helps hide the puck if you use black tape as well.
5) Make sure you have a good 5-6" of tape protecting the area of the stick you don't want painted
6) Over newspaper or whatever, spray an even coat on the sanded part of your stick and do not set it down. Hold it and let it air dry (should be rather quick).
7) Peel away tape once finished.
Last edited by Granlund2Pulkkinen*: 10-11-2011 at
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Granlund2Pulkkinen*