View Single Post
Old
10-11-2011, 07:16 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Basic problem I have with Tortorella is that he's a hypocrite. He preaches accountability, but is not himself ever accountable. If a media guy asks him a question he doesn't like, he simply refuses to answer it. That and he's a bully who picks on certain players. Oh, and he throws his players under the bus that he, himself, will never allow himself to go under in the media. He's an arrogant POS who made a cup ring into a career. Sounds familiar? He's Mike Keenan lite, except he doesn't have the endearing quality of going behind the guy who hired him's back and trying to make himself the GM over and over again.
Can't believe I forgot to address this, but bringing up Keenan in another way reminded me. Keenan was an extremely successful coach before he won the Cup with us. In 8 years of head coaching prior to joining the Rangers, he went to the Cup finals 3 times (losing to powerhouse Oilers twice and Penguins once) and conference finals 2 times. His legacy was definitely tarnished by his actions after the Cup win, but he did not turn a Cup into a career. He turned being a very successful coach into a long career.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote