Nogomyach v2.0 (football/soccer)
View Single Post
10-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York, NY
Originally Posted by
Well, we are going to Ukraine and Poland, I want to see some new names we still have 8 month (unlikely with Advokat, but one can hope). U21 beating Portugal today is also pretty cool!
- Dzagoev seems ready.
- I honestly don't think that Shirokov is better then Glushakov, so I think he could be there also.
- Other then those 2, I would say that D. Kombarov and Samedov are the closest.
- Hopefully, Akinfeev comes back strong, I still trust him more then either Slava, Shunin or Ryzhikov.
- Unfortunately, we still don't have anyone better then Igna and the "sisters" at CD. We'll probably have to rely on those guys again.
- Anuykov is starting to show age, but he is still the best RB in the country imho.
- Same is the story with Arshavin. Can't keep him off the field, no one to replace him with at this point.
- Ideally, I would like someone to take over the LB spot so Zhirkov can go back to what he does best, DOMINATE his flank offensively. With that being said, I don't trust Shishkin or Yanbaev. Schennikov is very talented, but he is kind of skinny and injury prone.
- Love former Torpedo guys, Semshov and Zyryanov, but it's time for a change.
- Ionov and Fayzulin have been playing better this year and a call-up to the NT wouldn't be the worst thing, but I don't think they are ready to be starters.
- Kerzhakov or Pav at CF right now easy. Only Pog might be another option. Unless something drastic happens between now and then, I don't see this changing.
- I'm not the biggest Denisov's fan, but he is solid at what he does and it is an important role. I was hoping that Mamaev would start challenging him by now, but judging by the latest news, he has his head up his you know what.
I guess there are others that could step up and I hope they will, we could use some new blood.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by MaxV