View Single Post
Old
10-12-2011, 05:34 AM
habsjunkie2*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I dont see Price being signed until June. For both games.

His agent will hold out talking contracts because if Price has a great season (Vezina worthy).. he will be making even more $$$. If they win the cup... even more $$$

Gauthier will hold out talking contract because what if Price doesnt end up doing well all season. Less money to pay.

Price's new contract can be a difference between two million dollars and alot of years.
I kinda disagree here. Waiting only really benefits Carey Price. I don't see how PG can win here, although I'm not gonna panic like others, but the likelihood of Carey Price completely self destructing is very small. The likelihood of him improving or at least matching last year are significantly higher. Carey will get paid either way, but waiting only gives him a stronger opportunity to pad his case. That being said, maybe Price doesn't want to sign right now and wants the chance to increase his worth, thus leaving PG no choice, I would be confident if PG could get a deal done now that it would work in the clubs favor, but doubt it gets done, not because of lack of effort or disinterest from Price, but because Price is confident in his ability to improve and improvement only makes him worth more.

I use to think Carey would want to dash at first chance, because of the grief the media and certain fans gave him, but now I'm confident he wants to be the goaltender in the toughest best hockey city in the world. Playing net for the habs will only add to his legacy. I'm not at all concerned.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote