View Single Post
Old
10-12-2011, 08:17 AM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
On my phone so don't have time to respond to Jester in full, but you're right in that we may not win this season after the moves. The thing is, we weren't going to before them either.

I can't believe so much emphasis is given to losing Scottie ****in' Upshall and trading a low first away. Holmgren took a chance with that, it's what successful GMs do.
Again, it's not losing Upshall as such that is the problem. It's how Holmgren's manouvers put us in a situation where we had to trade someone to lose salary, and being put into that corner had to tack on a 2nd rounder to get a downgrade that wasn't completely a waste of space. And we still had to dress Jamie Fritsch and David Sloane in order to not go over the cap that year. In important games I might add, we were in a fight for fourth place I believe and getting home advantage. Guess which place we ended up in.

We were going into that year actually intending to field a d that looked like this:

Timonen-Väänänen
Coburn-Parent
Eminger-Jones
Kukkonen

that's just brutal. Then we had some injuries, and since Homer (and maybe Stevens as well) didn't trust any Phantoms to come up and fill in, we went out and got Alberts.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote