View Single Post
Old
10-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Gary320

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
I kinda disagree here. Waiting only really benefits Carey Price. I don't see how PG can win here, although I'm not gonna panic like others, but the likelihood of Carey Price completely self destructing is very small. The likelihood of him improving or at least matching last year are significantly higher. Carey will get paid either way, but waiting only gives him a stronger opportunity to pad his case. That being said, maybe Price doesn't want to sign right now and wants the chance to increase his worth, thus leaving PG no choice, I would be confident if PG could get a deal done now that it would work in the clubs favor, but doubt it gets done, not because of lack of effort or disinterest from Price, but because Price is confident in his ability to improve and improvement only makes him worth more.

I use to think Carey would want to dash at first chance, because of the grief the media and certain fans gave him, but now I'm confident he wants to be the goaltender in the toughest best hockey city in the world. Playing net for the habs will only add to his legacy. I'm not at all concerned.
Oh I agree, I don't think PG really has anything to gain from waiting, I'm just throwing the idea out there. I think Price's agent and Price are going to be the bigger factor in determining when his contract gets signed. Like you mentioned, I think if it were up to PG.. he'd be signed already. At this point, 4 million? But I still think, the possibility of PG waiting to see what happens with Price is also a factor, none the less not that big..

As for Carey, like you and I mentioned. This guy can be between 2-3 million dollars richer if he signs now or has a career year.. Vezina (dare I say even Hart + Conn Smyth =-o) trophy winner. See no reason for him and his agent to want to sign right away. As for staying in Montreal, you can clearly see this guy likes it, he had so many opportunties to say "F-U Montreal, trade me" and didn't. He feeds off the stardom and the passion of the city, I dont see why he'd want to leave.. unless PG was stupid enough not to give him what he wants.

In my opinion, he will be the second highest paid player in our team next year. This is if Gomez is still here.

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote