Old
10-12-2011, 12:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I really think you are not understanding what I am saying. I know Roloson is better than Leighton and I know it is better to have a better goalie. But just having a better goalie doesn't always equal more wins. Ask the Canucks, Devils, etc. Roloson played well in NY and very well may have played well in Philly. But he never played here so it is purely speculative to say how he would have played. Maybe the Flyers win the Atlantic with him net. Maybe they don't make the playoffs. Roloson would have made some of the saves Leighton didn't, for sure. But Leighton also made some saves that Roloson probably wouldn't have, both in the playoffs and regular season. Remember those three shutouts against the Canadiens? Leighton sucks I know and he had nothing to do with the team getting those shutouts blah blah blah, but do you really think that if you stick any other goalie in the NHL in that spot they are going to get three shutouts in that series? It doesn't work that way.
I can't think of any saves that Leighton made that a better goalie like Roloson wouldn't have. Hell, his most impressive save (the one used in the history will be made video) was a glove save most goalies would consider routine. It was also probably going wide.