Old
10-12-2011, 01:04 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I can't think of any saves that Leighton made that a better goalie like Roloson wouldn't have. Hell, his most impressive save (the one used in the history will be made video) was a glove save most goalies would consider routine. It was also probably going wide.
Really? So every goalie better than Leighton would have made every single save he made? No goalies make mistakes? They don't misplay pucks? I'm not talking about Leighton making great saves, just saves in general. Leighton probably made some saves Patrick Roy wouldn't have made. Sometimes the puck just goes in. Maybe on a screen Leighton was looking at the right place while Roloson would not have been able to see it. This is the speculation i am talking about that you don't seem to understand. Like I said before, it isn't as simple as putting Roloson in the shoes of Leighton and saying well he is better they would have won. It is not a 1-1 switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
1. That's illogical. Leighton was a successful goalie in the regular season and the Boston series. You have no grounds to say he had nothing to do with what happened.
2. Even if Leighton really had "nothing to do with" the Flyers succes that year, there is no way of knowing whether or not Hypothetical Dwayne Roloson would have had comparatively more to do with that same amount of success, OR if that same amount of success even would have occurred with Hypothetical Dwayne Roloson on the roster.
Yeah, this is pretty much what I have been saying but apparently we are the crazy who would rather go with real actual facts and results instead of 100% speculative ones. Everyone knows speculation is more valuable and a better indication than actual results. How dumb are we?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote