View Single Post
Old
10-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
I think the perceptions of the Canadiens signing strategy, IMO I dont hear too many complaints over their strategy. Yes, there are some that want big contracts, signed up over long terms... Price is IMO in no rush to sign up long term, and for big money RIGHT this second.

There are different likes and dislikes from every type of player out there. Some guys PREFER not to talk contract mid-season, others feel it's a do or die situation.

Have we been burned by this? yeah, I guess so. (Thinking primarily of Komisarek, and Souray as 2 examples of guys whose startegy midseason signings would have been effective.

However, with Montreal, it's a premium destination, and once a player has won over the city, arguably it is the greatest city to play in when you have it like that. Furthermore, it's Carey's team, and he's got a great base of characters, and winners in the room. IMO he's not going anywhere else anytime soon.

IMHO I think the Habs have a great reputation by way of their contracts and what not... Think about this... Pleks was given another chance, and performed very well, before getting a very fair and valid contract offer that was suitable for both teams.

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote