View Single Post
Old
10-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Brunomics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKP View Post
A couple thoughts to this thread:

1) I want to see KK in the Q, not in the SEL. It would be a better environment for him to continue his maturation, IMO.

2) The CHL rule is good. As someone that lives in a CHL town, the hockey is certainly more entertaining to watch than the AHL was when it was here. The kids work harder and there aren't a bunch of over-the-hill stiffs and wannabes taking up the ice time. The top prospects are the stars of their teams and play in all situations.
So it's good for kids to be playing against others that they should be moving on from? Hell even make it a rule that 1 year after being drafted they can go to the minors I'm fine with that but I feel that them starting in the ECHL moving to the AHL then the NHL is a much better route. Plus it expands the game down here when highly touted prospects are playing better competition in the minor league cities. The CHL becomes a waste of time to the top tier after they are drafted most of the time I feel. Personally I feel the reason the rule is there is purely profit motivated and it holds prospects back from moving up leagues.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote