Old
10-27-2003, 12:56 PM
quat
intheDanRusseljungle

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to quat
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Double
I posted this in another thread but i really do't think the Oilers have the top end talent that the senators have and i wouldn't even put the canucks in the same class as the senators, because the senators are just so deep it is ridiculous. Their 3rd line can clown on alot of teams top line...or at worst their 2nd.
I'm a Nucks fan, and I'd have to completely agree with this assessment. I think the Oilers are further back than some may imagine, and the Canucks have a lot of improvement yet to be where the Sens are. I'd like to see the Oilers succeed as a club, but I think guys like Isbister or Dvorak and now even York are going to struggle without other stonger players to help them out. Certainly Smyth and Hemsky are great, but they need a couple more really solid guys to be a lock for the playoffs. I think there is enough talent on the team to always ice an interesting team, but I also think they are trying to rebuild, and that takes a couple of years if you don't have big $. Without any insult intended at all, as the Sens have quite a remarkable team, the Oilers are years away from being at the Sens level. Of course, they have to be concidered one of the elite teams of the league, and if they learned anything last season, they should be representing the East this time around.