Old
10-13-2011, 12:24 AM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1226
Quote:
Originally Posted by GopherState View Post
Well the issue with what ended up being proposed is that Minnesota stays in the Northwest while Winnipeg goes to the Central. Yes it means the Wild are not in a division with 4 Canadian teams but the NW would be without Jets v. 2.0 and with Vancouver.
I've heard that argument, but Winnipeg to the Central makes no sense geographically. Plus, there are 3 teams (Detroit, Columbus & Nashville) who want out of the Central and 2 other teams (Dallas & Minnesota) who want in.

The Jets aren't going to argue as long as they're out of the Southeast, and they could care less if they're in either the Northwest or Central next year; preferably, I'd think they would choose the Northwest. I can't see the league putting an indifferent team (Jets) in the Central over Minnesota and Dallas who are vying for the same spot.

To me, putting the Jets in the Central would be almost as bad as keeping them in the Southeast. Travel distance would be terrible, but they would be in the correct time-zone.

It would be interesting to get opinions from Dallas and Winnipeg fans, though.

I like this layout, but everything gets tricky when playoffs come into the picture. (Thankfully, we wouldn't be playing "Future-Edmonton")

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote