View Single Post
Old
10-13-2011, 01:49 AM
Averman
Ya, Yeo Betcha

vCash: 500
Been meaning to post in this thread, and on the board. I’ve been mildly interested in the Wild for most of their existence. I’m more of a hoops fan, since the North Stars left I haven’t really cared much about pro hockey outside of video game form and the playoffs (The only sporting event I like more than playoff hockey is probably March Madness. Hockey is also by far the sport that makes the transition to video game the best.).

I usually checked Hockey’s Future around draft time every year just to see if there’s anything I should pay attention to. There’s a sports vacuum in MN right now, the Wild look interesting for the first time since gettin’ Giggy wid it put the kibosh on the hopes of an unexpected Finals run. I’ve probably already watched more complete Wild games this year than I did the last two years combined (I’m a Timberwolves fan, winters have been depressing enough).

I don’t know much about hockey, but I’m looking to learn, and I’m jumping on the Wild bandwagon this year.

Name: Horace

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Stars-Jon Casey, Wild- Wes Walz

Fav Current Wild: Heatley

Fav Non Wild Players: Parise

Fav Wild Prospects: Zucker, Granlund, Phillips, Brodin

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Ricky Rubio

Fav Movies: Anchorman, Old School, Wedding Crashers, The Other Guys,

Music: Dispatch, Dylan, The Band, The Eels, Sublime

Hobbies: Minnesota sports, swimming, reading

Fav food: Making a sandwich out of leftovers the day after Thanksgiving

Fav Beer: Red Stripe

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Using the WCF run as an excuse to get plowed with the other Minnesotans living in the dorms.

How long I have been a Wild fan: Pretty much since this summer

Origin of screen name: The Mighty Ducks thrillogy

Jerseys owned: Had a black North Stars jersey and a purple Mighty Ducks jersey growing up, currently own none

Married?: No

Kids: No