Thread: Switzerland: Swiss young guns
View Single Post
Old
10-13-2011, 06:51 AM
Mattia Mei

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
Don't forget that the Olympics are less than two and a half years away, some of the current players you left out (Ambühl, Hirschi, Monnet, Déruns, Romy, Blindenbacher...) won't be that old. On the other hand, I'm not sure if guys like Loeffel, Schäppi or Bärtschi will have developped enough in such a short time.

Then you have some players like Bykov, Pestoni or even Sprunger who I can't see ever being good enough for that level.
I agree with you on the first part. My was a pro vocation.

I disagree with the other rosters that are very conservative.
I really disagree on Bykov and Pestoni.

We can't thing forever to ever defend and maybe score. We need people who score. And these two are also very good d players.

I disagree with a lot of people on this website who says that Pestoni is not a good prospect and hofmann he is. I think that a very clever player, who defend, can pass, has a great shot, use his body very good despite the height and fight on every puck, he is better than an excellent skater with good skill.
I think by now that Pestoni and Vermin are good prospects like hofmann is.

I am sure that Bykov and Pestoni are by now good enough: for sure i have had enough of mediocrity of romy et socii.
I trust in a 20 years player who de facto has 1 point pro game and in 13 games a +10 stat (on 11 points, a good part of that in pp ==> very very few puck in own net for his trio)
I trust in a swiss center (and we need center!!) who has by now the same number of points then Brunner.

Mattia Mei is offline   Reply With Quote