View Single Post
Old
10-13-2011, 08:29 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Well seeing as he scored a goal and an assist last game playing with Plekanec, maybe JM wants to stay with that combination while its hot? What a novel concept.... if it aint broke don't fix it.

I assume it will only take a bad period or two for Moen to be switched with Kostitsyn or Eller.
Problem is if you put a 4th line plug with a guy like Plekanec who makes those around him better, they're bound to get a 1-2pt game now and then Doesn't mean Moen is suited for a top 6 role.

I'm actually one of the few around here who has supported Moen from day one, continues to and aside from two preseasons where Moen looked like he just didn't care, the guy has been fine in the regular and post season playing above his level and doing anything the coaches ask of him, and yet around here you'd expect that he's totally useless. He isn't totally useless but he shouldn't be on the 1st line he should be on the 3rd or 4th.

Putting him in the top lines here or there just to shake things up during a bad game I can understand if it gets other lines going or the line he's put on, but to actually start games with him penciled into the 1st line...

I understand Cammy is injured but did we not keep Kostitsyn and then acquire Cole to have depth in the top 6?