View Single Post
Old
10-13-2011, 09:38 AM
markrander87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick Six View Post
Not that it has anything to do with their NHL potential or where they might go come 2013, but Lazar was definitely the best player at that tournament and thus better than Mackinnon. This isn't a knock on Nathan, but I saw all the main provinces play many times during that tournament, and it was clear who the best player was.

EDIT: I still think Mackinnon's the best player eligible for the 2013 draft, look forward to watching him live tomorrow.
I was also at 95% of the games and the bolded statement is incorrect. Didn't Lazar say that he thought MacKinnon was by far the best player he's seen and laughed at the fact that at times they would triple team him?

With such massive differences among teammates you have to put into perspective how well Lazar and MacKinnon played. MacKinnon had to be a one man show out their at a lot of the times he was. Lazar (Who don't get me wrong had an amazing tournament) had several high quality teammates to generate offense with. I'm still curious to the amount of Lazars points were Powerplay points.

markrander87 is offline   Reply With Quote