Thread: JM got balls
View Single Post
Old
10-13-2011, 09:46 AM
LyleOdelein

vCash: 500
Here's a little article by Lebrun about Cole's start on the 3rd line that I think should be required reading around here. Hopefully it clears up some of the speculation and general craziness we've been seeing:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post?id=11644

Among the highlights:

Quote:
“We’re trying to spread our offense,” head coach Jacques Martin said Thursday after the morning skate. “We’re trying to be better at five-on-five play. We’re hoping to get more production that way out of our three lines.’’
Quote:
“Whatever [Martin] thinks is going to give us the best chance to win is fine by me,’’ Cole said Thursday morning. “If it takes me playing in a third-line role as you guys like to say, that’s completely fine with me.”
Quote:
“Sometimes people look at it from the wrong perspective,” said Cole. “You’re looking at it like, ‘Oh no, he’s playing on the third line.’ If I’m playing on the third line, that means I’m playing against the 5-6 d-pair, right? I’m ok with that. So there’s certain things that you guys don’t see it the way players do. Maybe sometimes even players feel it’s a slight. But I don’t think so."
It wasn't a big deal at the time and is even less of a big deal now that the experiment lasted under two periods.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote