Realigned!!! [3/7 update: CHI - COL - DAL - MIN - NSH - STL - WPG; NHLPA approves]
View Single Post
10-13-2011, 12:15 PM
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Like I said, if they do league-wide home-and-home games, it takes most of the needs for divisions and gets rid of them.
I say just do this:
WEST - 15 teams
- VAN, EDM, CGY, COL, WPG, MIN, SJS, ANA, LAK, PHX, DAL, STL, CHI, NSH, one of DET or CBJ
EAST - 15 teams
- MTL, BOS, OTT, TOR, BUF, NYI, NYR, NJD, PIT, PHI, WSH, FLA, TBL, CAR, one of DET or CBJ
- 29 home-and-home series against all NHL teams (58 games)
- remaining games within conference (24 games)
- Top 8 teams in each conference make the playoffs
Pretty simple, takes care of the whole travel issue, and each team plays every other team at home.
View Public Profile
Visit Jarick's homepage!
Find More Posts by Jarick