Thread: Confirmed with Link: The Realignment Thread: Stars to "Division B"
View Single Post
Old
10-13-2011, 04:26 PM
ColeJ

vCash: 500
houston in the nhl would be pretty freaking great. it would be a natural rival, and i doubt the stars would be losing a lot of fans in the process. houston isn't exactly a dallas stars hotbed right now. everyone i've ever met from houston that is a hockey fan cheers for the wild, thanks to the aeros.

make the aeros an NHL team, and i think things would be very heated and interesting and fun. i'm tired of the battle of alberta, and the battle of pennsylvania, and the battle of ontario...

i want an NHL playoff series called the battle of texas. how fun would that be?

and if people start cheering for houston because it's fresh and new (sorta like that influx of houston texans hats i saw when they got a team), then so be it. even if they start to appear in dallas, that'll just fire up the stars fan base a little more. rivalries breed passion and passion breeds ticket sales. wings fans buying tickets isn't the only reason dallas/detroit is usually so packed. there's a lot of stars fans buying tickets to those games in hopes of seeing us beat detroit.

dallas/houston could be twice that intensity/interest/passion.

plus, we could go to road games to try and fight back a little

as far as waiting to see what happens in phoenix before deciding alignment, or holding out hope that phoenix moving will get us out of the pacific... i don't understand it. wouldn't moving phoenix east only put dallas further west in terms of NHL franchises? if we're in the pacific now, moving the coyotes east of dallas would only make it more likely that dallas stays in the pacific.

Last edited by ColeJ: 10-13-2011 at 04:35 PM.
ColeJ is offline   Reply With Quote