Thread: JM got balls
View Single Post
Old
10-13-2011, 06:05 PM
SouthernHab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerHell View Post
Now you're talking...and you have every right to that opinion, I actually don'T like allot of things about JM and I certainly won't be jumping at your throat for that comment. I will However defend him when someone says that he hasn't proven anything yet, I mean what kind of a reason is that to justify disliking a coach, considering he has over a 1000 games in the NHL and over 600 wins in career. and the no stanley cup crap to prove he sucked, is lame because the counter argument would be this means Jean Perron was a great coach...That before coaching the New Jersey Devils who had a system put in place by Jacques Lemaire, Pat Burns was a bad coach but by winning in New Jersey it magically transformed him into a great coach.
If you are wanting to win 2nd Place, Jacques Martin is head and shoulders above the majority of the other NHL coaches.

Dont take this personally. I am merely making an observation.

The biggest majority of posters here have never seen the Canadiens (live......not on YouTube) skate on the ice as they are carrying the Stanley Cup held high above their heads and passing it on to their teammates. They did not feel the joy and exhiliration of the Habs winning another Cup as we watched it either in the Forum or on TV. Nothing, and I mean nothing.......not even watching my favorite football team, the Green Bay Packers win the Super Bowl last year.........compares to that feeling. (sports related, of course )

So I see people posting here happy that JM got us to the playoffs and even to the E. final series. Sorry, but that is not even close to the ultimate goal. That is just an average season.......which unfortunately has become the norm in Montreal and is accepted as success. And along with that, Jacques Martin is just an average coach who has been around long enough to run up some wins and participate in 1000 games without a Cup.......which is just an average career.

We need new blood in Montreal so some of you younger posters can finally understand what it feels like to win the Cup. Martin will not get you there. (sadly because I think he will be here for a while longer)

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote