View Single Post
Old
10-13-2011, 09:49 PM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Stop with the whiny pessimism. Please state how Gomez had a bad game tonight and how you believe his linemates were good if you don't agree. I'd like to see your argument, especially for Gionta.

My God, it's the third game and people are already going crazy...
Please stop telling me not to express my opinion. I am not pessimistic, I just happen to think that Gomez did not have a good game. He plays on the periphery most of the time waiting for the puck to squirt loose. He will dart into a scrum but quickly moves out of it. His shots are weak, from bad angles or from a long way out. He makes a ton of low percentage passes that leave his wingers trapped and going the wrong way when they don't work out. He circles lazily rather than changing directions when there is a turnover. He doesn't cover for his defensemen when they carry the puck in deep and is invariably the last man back.

He is the anti-Plekanec on this team but he does skate faster through the neutral zone.

I think you get the idea.

I didn't say his linemates played well but I don't think the play of his linemates should be an excuse for his own play. I'm sorry if I am holding him to a higher standard but he should be a team leader and his on ice effort should reflect that.

On the plus side, he won 65% of his face-offs.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote