10-13-2011, 09:51 PM
JohnLennon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Wanna know why Gomez sucked?
Turn-overs.
No results on the fore-check.
Found himself alone in front of the goalie (good) and then found himself in front of an open net TWICE (good) and missed twice (Gomez).
Bad angle weak shots breaking up and ruining offensive pressure.
Predictable.
Him and his line were a big minus on the night.
He also did not gain the zone very effectively tonight.
He did absolutely nothing on the power-play.
How many turnovers? Two? I noticed those, but they weren't bad turnovers in bad areas, and never resulted in anything harmful. God forbid somehow turns the puck over. Subban turned it over easily five times tonight, and there are more people whining about Gomez. Simply clueless!

Gomez was playing great positional hockey all night as you pointed out. He took 4 shots tonight, tied for most on the team. Won about 65% of his faceoffs if I remember correctly. when did he ever somewhat dominate the faceoff circle and take shots when he had the oppurtunity last season? According to this board, never, so it was good to see him play well offensively.

Defensively, he made multiple solid breakout passes and was a -1 on the night. Or as someone like you would refer to it, "a big minus on the night" even if the game happened to be 4-1 for the other team. He played well on the powerplay, didn't do anythign wrong that's for sure, and your remark about "doing nothing" on the powerplay can be more attributed to mediocre play by teammates than himself, don't you think?

Anyways, it's fun to explain this step by step, but I don't think I can change the mind of whiny pessimists on this board because they have all made up their mind about Gomez before he even puts on his skates.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote