View Single Post
Old
10-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
The 19 men who played tonight were mostly an embarrassment. Price didn't have a good game but he wasn't as bad as most of the Dmen in front of him. Gorges isn't back in form after his long absence and when he killed penalties with Weber or Gill, the Flames had an easy time. Gill shouldn't have been re-signed and Weber looks like a hybrid of a defensively weak Dman and a mediocre RW. Subban has regressed to the days when Martin benched him. Only Emelin and Diaz played decently. Cole, Gionta, and Gomez have been total disappointments. A few weeks ago I predicted that Kostitsyn would pot more goals than Cole. So far, Andrei leads. Also, he didn't botch the clearing attempt that led to the 4th goal; Cole Slaw did. The brave talk about a comeback by Gomez amounts to a gust of cold Alaskan wind (I almost said hot air but that would have been meteorologically incorrect). And Gionta? Are the Bruins paying him to stink out the joint? Eller played better than I thought he would and I expect further improvement. Plekanec played hard but didn't get much support. I still wish Desharnais were a more robust specimen. Pacioretty played much better than his usual linemates. Moen and Darche were their usual selves. AK showed why it would be ill advised to trade him.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote