Thread: Post Game Talk: GM#3 = Hawks 4 - Jets 3
View Single Post
Old
10-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Blue Liner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
Just happy to see them hold a 1-goal lead through an entire third period.

5 points in three games for Kaner is fun to see, too.
Solid point.

Love what I see from the Bolland-Bickell-Frolik line. They picked up right where they left off last season. Really like how they fit together.

Not sure how long it'll last but I think Carcillo actually fits with Hossa and Kane. Seems to open space out there (obviously Hossa and Kane open up a lot on their own). As witnessed on that nice feed to Hossa, Carcillo's got enough skill to be able to make some plays and find those guys in addition to being a pain in the ass camping in front of the net. In addition with him out there you know no one's gonna screw with Kane at all after the whistle or anything. Seem like a good fit together so far. Carcillo played exactly how I expected him to and how he did in Phoenix, only smarter.

Fourth line was quiet but solid. Kruger obviously getting a little Quenneville love getting put out the last couple of the minutes of the game with Hossa and Kane.

All in all, solid game, though not perfect. PP still needs a little tuning but I think that will come. Emery was fine...not great but not horrible. He played like a backup and seemed to get a little better as the game went on. He does look a little slow and I don't feel that "trust" feeling I get when Crawford's in, but we'll see how that develops. He did OK.