View Single Post
Old
10-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Posted this in the PGT, I guess I'll just quote it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Now that PK is having a rather average-weak start, Gill's lack of skills and speed is being even more exposed. They need to be split up. Put PK with Gorges. Make Gill play with Diaz as our bottom pairing, and keep Weber with Emelin.
Weber and Gorges have been our best Dmen by far so far this year.

Up front, you would have thought that Martin would have learned after MaxPac's comments last year. If you're going to call an offensively skilled prospect, make him play with top players. What is the purpose of calling up Palushaj to make him play with Engqvist? While Moen and Darche get to enjoy playing with our more skilled players...
I don't care if Martin wants to keep playing both these bottom liners with our more skilled players, although I think it's stupid, but if you're gonna do that, then don't call up Palushaj. Call up a 4th liner type.

This was Eller's first game, but I thought he was one of our best player. I'm so pumped that we got this kid, he's going to be a beast. If Martin makes him play as little as last year, I'm gonna be really pissed. It was only one game, but he needs more than 11min of ice time, and don't waste his talent on the 4th line. At least Martin started moving him up later in the game. Now, if he can get his weirdly shaped head out of his butt and realize Eller is a center, it would be another step in the right direction.

I don't think it's as bad as plenty will say. I don't think the Flames won, I feel the Habs lost.

The defensive coverage of our forwards tonight was extremely poor. They left our D alone quite often.

And again, re-signing Gill over Hammer was such a mistake. Gimme Hammer for an extra year with another million any time over Gill. He looks horrible.

Our lack of discipline also needs to be fixed, but what's more annoying is that the penalties were taken by Darche, Gionta (x2), and Gill. I can understand if youngsters take penalties, they're young, they're adapting, and it's all part of the development. But two dumb penalties from your captain, and another one from your assitant, is just unacceptable.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote