Old
10-14-2011, 09:10 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
Maybe Hartnell dominates? Do I have to respond to this? Again, let's deal in the reality. Hartnell is not capable of dominating. But let's not take that into consideration.
Damn, I guess you're right. Things that are likely to happen always happen and it is foolish to think otherwise.

Quote:
You want to talk about Red Herrings and straw man arguments? LOL The Matt Moulson example is an outlier.
This is not an outlier. How many people thoguht Corey Perry would win the Hart trophy last year? Probably none. How many people thought the Devils would rebound the second half of the season? Probably none. Crap like that happens all the time in every sport and every aspect of life. Unexpected things happen every single day. Yes, these things are unlikely, but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

Quote:
Again, apply it to the real World. Who would a GM favor is any of those players were available to sign, including Matt Mouslon, and the team was in need of a top line player? This is a concept that you can't grasp! That's all that matters. And we go back to you and your buddy telling Invictus he was wrong, when he wasn't. The both of you were, and still are.

You bring up Red Herrings and Straw man references. When in fact, your premise is the Red Herring here and the straw man argument.

I've dealt in the reality. You arrogantly think that your premise of how it is fiction because it hasn't happened, isn't the base of the argument.
But that isn't the argument. Another poster made this argument in reference to the Leighton vs. Roloson escenario that started this and I explained to him my feelings on that. Beef was saying Roloson would have done better, which is impossible to tell. You are saying (among other things) Hartnell will not score more than Giroux, which however likely is not a guarantee. You yourself pointed out the possibility of an injury. This is beyond ridiculous to still be talking about this.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote