View Single Post
Old
10-14-2011, 09:37 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afro Thunder View Post
Our biggest problem right now is not being able to bring the puck out of our zone cleanly, other teams know that we have a slow soft defence so they just forecheck like a mother****er, our forwards stand still and wait for the puck instead of helping the D bring the puck out and start the breakout. The only time I saw a forward helping out was Greening when he said **** it I'll do it myself.
This is a good point.

I must say that this is the softest Sens defence core I have watched in a long time. I was so used to seeing the (real)Phillips, Smith, Volchenkov, etc. over the last decade and this is just a shock.

It's not like the size is missing. It's a relatively big blueline, but just so soft. Much smaller Avs forwards like Galiardi, Landeskog, O'Reilly, etc. were just dominating any play in the corner or front of the net.

A big, nasty defenseman would do your team alot of good.

Anyways, forget about this one and move onto the next one. As an Avs fan who endured an NHL record losing streak last season, I know it can be tough to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but better days are ahead. The potential for your team is there and more, quality pieces are still to be added.

Keep the faith, guys.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote