Old
10-14-2011, 12:53 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
No it's not what we were talking about. It's the irrelvant direction you chose to take the conversation.Who says we aren't talking about Giroux outscoring Hartnell. That is relevant to the conversation because it points out how GM's make decisions. Why they choose a better player to upgrade a position. Beef was correct in his opinion that he offered. And your also wrong that I keep responding that your arguing that a GM's job is to speculate. What I'm arguing is that you have no argument. Your argument is a Red Herring. Your premise of that if it hasn't happened yet, it is fiction, is irrelevant.

Do we need to go back and review talent and it's role? Because we've already done that. It's simply about being a better player. Putting Roloson in net last year at the deadline, would've given the Flyers a better player. Signing Bryzgalov is putting a better player in net. Why is he better? Because he is a proven #1 top NHL Goalie. How hard of a concept is that to grasp?

I didn't miss the point. You don't have a relevant point. And I'm not ignoring anything. Again, you don't seem to be able to move out of the theoretical World and into the Real World and the jist of the thread or the conversation.

Clearly, I said multiple times, that the only unknown variable that is real, that would stop Giroux from outscoring Hartnell, is a serious injury. Do I need to go back and point that out to you? Again, as far as relevance. Would a GM not sign a better player because it's not a fact that he won't get injured. That it's unkown that he won't get injured? So how does that apply? It doeesn't.
This is a very simple grade school level concept. You deal in what you can control, not what you can't.

Dispense with theory and deal with what is practical.

That's all I've got. You win.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote