View Single Post
Old
10-27-2003, 03:54 PM
Cawz

vCash: 500
I cant believe you people wishing for Niinimaa to come back. He was the one who would throw it up the middle to be intercepted. He was the one on the point when the puck would bounce over his stick on the pp. He was the one who would be sliding to block the 2 on 1 pass and the puck would go in off his butt. He was a good assister, thats it. If he was still on our payroll, we would be complaing about the money we are paying him.

We are still ahead of last year - we were 2-4-2 after 8 games in 2002. Salo is playing bad but his defence is playing horrible. We need a top 2 defenceman that is underpaid, still improving his game, a good hitter, shooter and is expendable enough to be traded for a holdout that is quickly gaining a bad reputation. If it was that simple, it would be done by now.

I think we should be mentally prepared for Comrie to sit the entire season. Which GM would want to be the guy that gave up a good player for a holdout. Its very risky and it's seeming more and more every day that no one wants to take that risk.

Nobody is going to take Salo with his salary and stats. Mabye he will take a pay cut next year or whenever hockey is on again but he is here for the year. His stats aren't an indication though. I have never seen such bad defence from this team.

Thats my opinions. Offence streaky, powerplay embassasing, defence abysmal, Salo dissapointing, heart questionable, hope fading since we were up 3-0 to STL. I swear to God we were going to run the tables at that point.