View Single Post
Old
10-27-2003, 04:10 PM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Gaborik would cost us around...oh say, 5 first round picks or the closest equivalent. He's a RFA so if any team tried to sign him, its five 1st rounders to the other team. Why would Minnesota trade him for anything less? I think a deal between Gaborik and Minnesota is eminent (sp?) anyhow. Our situation up the middle isn't as dire as everyone makes it out to be. Cullen, like its been said already, wasn't really playing his best and isn't our answer at 2nd line center. Viktor has been filling in nicely but its just a temp fix. Kozlov should really play RW no matter what line he's on. In fact, to bring a different dynamic to the 2nd line, I would like to see Kozlov on the RW on that line. Weiss has earned a call-up and it sounds like Dudley agrees. I'd like to see him at that 2nd line center spot and see what he can do this go around (and I think him and Kozlov would develop a good chemistry). Nedorost can play center or LW so there's no pressure there, once he's fully recovered. I like having Huselius on Jokinen's wing and it just reminds me of the top line for Vancouver (minus Bertuzzi). I wouldn't mind seeing these top 2 lines really soon:

Huselius-Jokinen-Novo
Nedorost-Weiss-Kozlov

When Bure comes back, he'll be on the second line and Kozlov can move back to the top line. Keenan will always shuffle lines around so there's no reason to pigeon hole anyone on any line. I just don't think: (A) Cohen will open up the wallet to sign any FA, (B) the team is willing to make any trades this early in the season...most teams decide after about the 15th game, and (C) we should look outside our organization for a center, especially.