View Single Post
Old
10-15-2011, 01:51 AM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Finally got some time to do some stat scanning and sorting. I had a feeling this guy would gravitate to the top of my lists, but I didn't really want him to. Yeah, I know he's been a "complementary" offensive player who's played mostly with superior linemates. But so are your 2nd line wingers too.

Vaclav Prospal, LW/C

- 6'2", 198 lbs
- 684 career points in 982 games
- has placed 15th, 24th and 35th in points
- best percentages by seventies system: 76, 67, 65, 62, 61, 59
- 10 points in 12 games in two best on best tournaments
- 22 points in 25 world championship games (3 tourneys)
- Has worn an A in two NHL cities

With 684 career points, Prospal has 72 more than any other player remaining. It's also not just because he has played 982 games now. His career adjusted PPG average is higher than any other available player with 390+ points.

Of course, the downside is that he doesn't do much more than put up points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Scouting Report 2004
Prospal has a powerplay weapon, and it's not an overpowering shot, it's his ability to thread the puck through penalty killers to an open man. He has terrific hockey vision... Prospal loves to score and make plays. He had to learn to play without the puck, and succeeded. His defensive game has improved... Prospal thinks the game well and is an unselfish player... the only rap is his skating ability, but it's NHL caliber and his view of the ice and his hockey sense compensate for any lack of pure speed. Prospal is very good on faceoffs... Prospal seems to really enjoy the game and is always one of the first players to hit the ice for practice... tall but lean and loses an edge in one-on-one battles... he's an eager player who will get involved... an emotional, high energy player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKeen's 2006
a talented and creative passer with superb vision... improved his grit and defensive play in Tampa, but must play an energetic, opportunistic style to compensate for the sloppy skating and average speed.

Last edited by seventieslord: 10-30-2011 at 03:14 AM.
seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote