Thread: 6 Points
View Single Post
Old
10-27-2003, 05:45 PM
MrMackey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44
So does that mean our record after the deals which was excellent and pulled us into the playoffs confirmed the trades was good? Hmm, hate to pull facts on the table again.

But that record didn't prove the trades and the moves were good just as the slow start doesn't prove they were bad either.

People are overreacting and that is my simple point!

Thought I would pull out some real ancient history for you. The record after 8 games in 89-90 when the Oilers when the Stanley Cup 3-4-1.

Wonder how many people were panicking then?
I agree that many are over-reacting. But there was still a large group of posters here that identified fairly obvious holes in the lineup well before training camp started (top-2 centre, top-3 dman).

Personally I'm not really concerned about their slow start. I'm not concerned that Dvorak and Isbister are where they are in terms of points. I'm not really overly concerned about Brewer's development (although I certainly don't like how he's playing). But I am concerned about the talent on defense, and the lack of natural offensive centres... and don't like our chances this year without either ingrediant.

People who expect a young, inexperienced and inexpensive team to play at a high level every night are fooling themselves IMO... but so are the people that are confident that we can win enough games to get in to the playoffs with the current roster.