View Single Post
Old
10-27-2003, 04:51 PM
dawgbone

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
It's just your opinion. If we disagree, it's fine. But I thought he was the absolute backbone for this defensive corp during his tenure and he contributed everywhere he could.

If I had to choose between Brewer and Niinimaa at 2.5 million and 2.9 million respectively, I choose Niinimaa no question. Niinimaa is only 27 and has already been a #1 dman on this team and shown he is capable of putting up #1 minutes and a 40 pt season. Brewer has been inconsistent at best during his time here. He tickled us with his performance after the Olympics and we haven't seen that side of him since.

Brewer is still learning... and isn't really ready for that #1 role at all yet it seems. It still amazes me how he let Richard Park outmuscle him from behind the net to give up the gamewinner.
You seemed to have erased his first couple of seasons in Edmonton from your mind...

He developed well, and certainly changed, but he perfectly describes the Niinimaa that first came to the Oilers.

The point is, he eventually got to the point where he was almost irreplaceable...