View Single Post
Old
10-27-2003, 04:56 PM
Cawz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
It's just your opinion. If we disagree, it's fine. But I thought he was the absolute backbone for this defensive corp during his tenure and he contributed everywhere he could.

If I had to choose between Brewer and Niinimaa at 2.5 million and 2.9 million respectively, I choose Niinimaa no question. Niinimaa is only 27 and has already been a #1 dman on this team and shown he is capable of putting up #1 minutes and a 40 pt season. Brewer has been inconsistent at best during his time here. He tickled us with his performance after the Olympics and we haven't seen that side of him since.

Brewer is still learning... and isn't really ready for that #1 role at all yet it seems. It still amazes me how he let Richard Park outmuscle him from behind the net to give up the gamewinner.
Ya, well Niinimaa had better players to learn from than Brewer. Brewer is #1 so I guess he has to learn from himself. If he learns from his mistakes, he should be an all star any time now. Brewer has the low point of the season so far with that giveaway. I'm hoping he gets it out of his system early. When Brewer is on top of his game, hitting, skating, dekeing, I'll take him over Niinimaa. We havent seen it much though, but the rest of the team is just as guilty. I'm hoping this time off will give them time to think.

Or mabye I'm bias since Brewer plays for the Oilers and Niinimaa not.