Thread: the Habs' Swiss
View Single Post
Old
10-15-2011, 01:29 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
Weber is younger but also more experienced on smaller ice going back to his days in junior. Diaz may be a couple years older but you can count the amount of games he's played on small ice with your fingers.

Mark streit came over as a 27 year old (or around that age) and it even took him a full season to adapt to the north american game. Now, I'm not saying that diaz is going to be as good as streit was but I'm simply stating that it takes time to make the adjustment. That's why I rate diaz more on upside than anything else. Just watching his attributes, I think he has more ability than weber, its a matter of bringing it together and making the adjustment.
Diaz to me seems like the better passer or at least he's shown some good flashes. Both he and Weber do have a good shot but Weber has used it more often and more successfully, I think this is because Diaz is still learning the NA game and trying to play defense first hockey while he learns. He has made some really nice passes here or there though. A couple times he has seemed a bit more pressured in his own end than most of our other D, he and Weber both need to work on the way they play in their own end.

I see Diaz as a top 4 D who can maybe play in all situations down the line. I see Weber as more of a 3rd pairing D who can play on PP unit 1. I think when Markov comes back Weber will shine.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote