Thread: Speculation: You're Howson....
View Single Post
Old
10-15-2011, 03:44 PM
CapnCornelius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
If you think we have the #1 of the 1/2 pair, well... That explains why we don't agree on much. Since we kind of acknowledged around here that we need Wiz back, you might be a little late to the game....

Peace out.
True #1 or not, our problems are specialty teams not 5 on 5. And we both known no one is trading us a #1 d-man at this point in the season, so you can forget about it either way. Some damaged goods "defensive defenseman" ain't going to cure what ails us.

People are grasping at straws to figure out what is wrong when the problems were obvious in the off-season--scoring depth and potentially goaltending. I say potentially goaltending because I still maintain that Mason, while mediocre, hasn't been the chief problem as some suggest. Now, our backup situation, that makes me nervous given Arniel's seeming reluctance to start Sanford to this point despite a busy schedule he was complaining about.

Maybe the kids solve our scoring depth problems, but that hasn't materialized yet and guys coming from college/juniors as opposed to AHL do tend to hit a wall late in the season because they aren't used to the grueling pro schedule.

CapnCornelius is offline   Reply With Quote