Thread: 6 Points
View Single Post
Old
10-27-2003, 05:43 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44
The only thing I have understood is that you believe the Oilers have to improve but that has nothing to do with what I was trying to say and not only that I completely agree that they have to improve.

My point was never to say I am happy with where they are at. It was you that seemed to take that out of the original post!

BTW, you are the only person that understood it that way!
BUT you did say that the people that would argue that having Comrie, Niinimaa and Marchant in the lineup would result in a better record were somehow proven wrong by the fact that we have the same amount of points.

I believe you'd generally accept that this roster is better with those players on it.

you said: "This is for all the posts that with these guys we would be so much better.

Obviously not necessarily."

You post implies that we wouldn't be better, and that the current situation isn't something to be concerned about because we've been there before. Even if that isn't what you intended, that's how it reads to me. I get that you're saying we could be the same or even worse with those guys, BUT, I'd think you'd have to acknowledge that is highly unlikely.

I understand the desire to quell panic, but there also needs to be a desire for decisiveness and action, as we have seen management sit and sit and sit to the detriment of the team before. Why would Lowe act unless he felt pressure? I think that pressure needs to be provided.