Old
10-27-2003, 05:59 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Double
how about being somewhat content with the 3rd-4th liners we have and currently have developing and start drafting for out and out skill, pound for pound take the most skilled guy out there. This years draft was incredibly deep and in the 2nd round we immediately start taking guys that are grinders with limited offensive upside at the pro-level. I love colin macdonalds skill set but i am not holding out hope he turns into a bonafide sniper or another bill guerin.

Joukov and of course Dragan hold promise because they are skilled guys, but JF Jacques in the 3rd round? come on, we gotta do better than that, did someone owe his uncle a favor or something? my god.

It is just frustrating...take a step back and look at the current team and future prospects, all the top end talent or the guys that project to be top end, are almost all PLAYMKERS....we need goal scorers, plain and simple.

We will be nowhere near ott in 3-4 years if we can't draft some real snipers or get them in trade (comrie)
Bah this is useless cuz as long as mact is coach they'll draft guys he really likes and those guys aren't the type of guys that will help carry us to the promised land.
Both Rita and Salmo are finishers if anything IMO. Mikhnov is a finisher. I'm not to sure what you're talking about all we have is playmakers.