Thread: Simon Gamache
View Single Post
Old
10-28-2005, 07:05 AM
handtrick

vCash: 500
Simon Gamache

trotz discussed Gamache's 4 shift, 2 minute TOI last game...

Short-shifted: Forward Simon Gamache barely saw the ice in Wednesday's loss to the Blue Jackets, getting just four shifts and 2:02 ice time.

"He had a couple shifts early and I didn't feel very confident in his game, so I made that decision early," Trotz said. "The way the game was going, with all the special teams, I just thought I'd need other personnel more.

"We do have a large amount of small, skilled guys, so he's looking at the time guys like (Martin Erat, Paul Kariya and Steve Sullivan) would get. That limits Simon's abilities."

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....510280431/1028

I think Trotz's points are valid here. As much as I like the energy he brings, his game is just not suited for the 3rd or 4th line.
Is it worth keeping him up on the big team waiting for an injury to Sully, Kariya, or Erat.......or is he impeding others, most notably, Upshall, from NHL time that he is ready for and deserves and would arguably be more beneficial to our club as it currently stands?
No doubt we lose him to waivers if we send him down......trade him?....but his value can't be more than a low round pick or future considerations....

Thoughts?